Software Technology Architect
- Passionate about software
- Ultimately responsible for the technical success of all client projects
- Ability to grasp and stay current on a broad range of software technologies, platforms, languages, etc.
- Must stay ahead of the technology curve
- Exceptional ability to train and mentor technical staff
- Ability to lead a technical team and make the team greater than the sum of its parts
- Exceptional software design skills
- Strong background and success in implementing automated testing
- Strong background in software estimation
- Ability to simply and confidently convey complex technical ideas to peers, stakeholders, executive management, etc.
- Ability to develop software for a variety of applications across a diverse cross section of vertical markets (e.g. Medical Diagnostics, Aerospace & Defense, Industrial Automation, Financial, etc.)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Firmware, desktop, web, and mobile applications
- C# .Net, C++, Android, etc.
- Participate in sprint planning sessions, contributing ideas and asking questions to ensure that all aspects of functionality being planned are adequately covered.
- Participate in high-level architecture and design discussions and create low-level designs
- Write code to implement functionality
- Build applications and run entire suites of unit tests
- Diagnose and repair reported defects
- Participate in daily stand-up meetings
- Assist other team members as needed
- Participate in the software community through online forums, local user group meetings, etc.
- Ability to take personal responsibility for your professional development
- A high level of cognitive ability. We hire smart people that learn quickly.
- Solid background in software engineering
- Knowledge of Agile – SCRUM development methodology
- Experience and familiarity with automated testing a plus
- Knowledge of software design, architecture, coding languages, etc.
- Ability to work as a team, and to be responsible to your peers
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science or a related engineering discipline